Who should attend?
Early-career scientists/engineers (advanced PhD candidates, postdoctoral scientists and engineers affiliated to European research institutions) in the field of monitoring in relation with the geological disposal. The total number of participants is limited to 20. Priority is given to Junior scientists/engineers enrolled in Waste Management Organisation.
The detailed selection criteria in case of oversubscription to the school will be posted on the Modern2020 website.
- The Modern2020 Monitoring School participation is free of charge to the selected participants including accommodation, local transportation from designated hotels to the training location or laboratory, daily lunches/dinners, and coffees during the school.
- The participants are responsible for their own travel to and from Oskarshamn.
A family-friendly stay in Oskarshamn awaits the students at First Camp Gunnarso, 3.4 km from central Oskarshanm, 76 km from Kalmar airport and 40 km from the Äspö HRL. Highlights a sauna, and in-room kitchenettes
- Application opens in December 2018, see Application Form
- Deadline to apply is 8 March 2019.
Special requirement for the participants
- Each individual needs to be able to move unassisted and carry out hands-on exercises underground.
- Each individual needs to have insurance coverage against injuries and illness for the duration of their stay at the workshop. Please check the sufficiency of your insurance coverage prior participation. Proof of sufficient insurance coverage may be requested by the organiser.
- To inform the organiser at the time of registration of any dietary restrictions that may apply.